STW AI Humanoid Robotic Challenge
for High School Students
This proposal outlines an exciting event aimed at inspiring and engaging high school students in the world of artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics. The proposed event, the AI Humanoid Robotic Challenge, will provide a unique platform for students to build, program, and compete with AI-powered humanoid robots.
- Event Goals
- Promote STEM education: Spark student interest in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by providing a hands-on learning experience with AI and robotics.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills: Encourage students to apply their knowledge and creativity to build and program robots that can perform complex tasks.
- Cultivate teamwork and collaboration: Create an environment where students can collaborate with peers, mentors, and industry professionals to achieve a common goal.
- Foster innovation and entrepreneurship: Provide students with the opportunity to showcase their talents and develop innovative solutions using AI technology.
- Event Format
The AI Humanoid Robotic Challenge will consist of three phases:
Phase 1: Introduction Workshop (1 week) 10 Hrs
- Students will participate in a workshop conducted by industry experts and experienced robotics engineers.
- Workshop will cover topics such as:
- Introduction to robotics and AI
- Programming languages for robotics (e.g. Python)
- Sensor technology and data acquisition
- Assembling and construction of humanoid robots
- AI library and machine learning
Phase 2: Design and Development (8 weeks) Fall
- The Robotic kit is going to be provided by System Technology Works llc. (At no cost to the team ( based on sponsorship. We can add robots up to max 10) If the team wants the robot after completion it is a $2000 cost to keep the robot. Because most of the material was paid for by the sponsorship.
- Team needs to assemble the robot.
- Teams apply their knowledge and skills to program their own AI-powered humanoid robot.
- Teams will have access to mentors and resources to help them overcome technical challenges.
- Robots should be designed to perform a specific set of tasks, such as:
- Tasks are graded from 0 to 10 points.
- Walk for shot distance
- Object recognition
- Object manipulation
- Obstacle avoidance
- Speech recognition and response
- Human interaction and collaboration
Phase 3: Competition and Awards (1 day)Fall 30 minutes per robot presentation.
- Teams will compete in a final event where their robots will be evaluated based on various criteria, including:
- Functionality and performance ( 60 points )
- Programming skills
- Team collaboration
- Presentation and communication
- Awards will be presented to winning teams in different categories.
- Resources and Budget
The event will require resources for:
- Workshop materials and equipment: This includes robotics kits, sensors, computers, and software licenses.
- Venue and facilities: final competition.
- Mentors and industry experts: Recruit qualified professionals to guide and support students during the design and development phases.
- Awards and prizes: Provide incentives for students to participate and excel in the challenge.
- Expected Outcomes
By participating in the AI Humanoid Robotic Challenge, students will gain valuable skills and knowledge in:
- Robotics and AI
- Programming and problem-solving
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Communication and presentation
- Design and innovation
The event is expected to:
- Generate excitement and enthusiasm for STEM education among high school students.
- Identify and nurture future talents in the field of AI and robotics.
- Contribute to the development of next-generation AI technologies.
- Foster closer collaboration between educational institutions and the technology industry.
The AI Humanoid Robotic Challenge presents a unique opportunity to engage high school students in the exciting world of AI and robotics. This event will equip them with essential skills and knowledge that will prepare them for careers in STEM fields and contribute to the advancement of AI technology. We believe that this initiative will have a lasting impact on the future of innovation and technological advancement.
Call to Action
We invite you to join us in supporting this initiative by providing resources, expertise, and sponsorship opportunities. Together, we can make the AI Humanoid Robotic Challenge a reality and inspire the next generation of innovators and leaders in AI and robotics.
A PRODUCT OF SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY WORKS
Follow us on social
Copyright © 2023 SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY WORKS LLC